Our school meals are cooked fresh on the premises in our canteen by Chartwells. A school meal is priced at £2.00 per day/per child for those not in receipt of Free School Meals.
Payment for your child’s meals should be made each Monday in advance for that week or on the day the meal is required.
If you think you may be entitled to free school meals, please see the criteria below (full information can be found at North Somerset)
To qualify for free school meals, parents or carers must receive one or more of these benefits:
· Income support
· Income-based job seeker’s allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Universal credit
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act (NASS) 1999
· The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
· Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit with annual Take Home Pay/Net Earnings below £7,400 (which equals £616.67 per month) benefits not included
You can apply using the on-line checker which gives you an instant decision on eligibilty. The new checker can be found at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
From September 2014 every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 receives a free school meal under the Universal Free School Meal offer.