Special Educational Needs
The School’s Special Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCo) is: Mrs Ryan.
Mrs Ryan has been the SENDCo at Mead Vale since September 2014.
At Mead Vale Primary School, we believe that all children have the right to a full and rounded education which will enable them to achieve their full potential.
Special Needs usually fall into one of the following categories:
- Communication and interaction. This could be speech difficulties, social skills difficulties or autism.
- Cognition and learning. Specific Learning Difficulties such as dyslexia, global learning difficulties, processing and memory difficulties
- Social, mental and emotional health. Difficulties that impact on a child’s mental health or behaviour.
- Sensory/physical. Children with hearing or sight impairments or a physical disability
- Medical. Children with a chronic medical condition such as diabetes or ME
As a result of any of the above areas causing a child to have problems accessing their education, the school may put special educational provision in place to help them.
Please use this link to download a copy of our SEND Information Report.