Mead Vale Community Primary School is committed to being a ‘self-improving’ school, in pursuit of becoming outstanding.
School Vision statement
To work with parents and the wider community, so that all children will experience the joy of individual and collective success. Learning will be fun, inspirational and without limits.
“Enjoying & Achieving Together”
School Aims and Mission
- To provide a caring and stimulating learning environment in which all the members of the school community may flourish and achieve their full potential.
- To foster spiritual, moral, social and cultural development by extending learning beyond the classroom.
- To provide a pastoral system in which everyone feels safe, valued and supported.
- To provide a balanced and broadly based curriculum, which goes beyond the requirements of the National Curriculum and enable s each child to develop skills, acquire knowledge and realise natural talents.
- To raise standards by sharing high expectations and celebrating individual achievements and successes both in and out of school.
- To enhance children’s learning and progress through the use of a variety of approaches and resources including the latest technology.
- To stimulate positive attitudes towards all aspects of education encouraging children to be well motivated, independent learners with enquiring minds.
- To ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of school life for everyone.
- To foster respect and tolerance for all people including those with disabilities and those of a different age, ability, gender, race or religion.
- To maintain a meaningful partnership with parents, carers and the wider community.
Our life in school and all the decisions we make, are guided by six core values:
RESPECT - we expect all children and adults to show respect to each other. We believe good manners are a really important skill for life.
HOPE – we want children to know that it is okay to hope and dream, because absolutely anything might be achieved, if we really want it and work for it.
COMMITMENT– we believe that anything you do deserves commitment. You can achieve great things when you really commit yourself to it.
INDEPENDENCE– we love to work as teams, but we want everyone to develop as an individual, who is able to follow a line of enquiry, be organised, think independently and take responsibility for their actions.
HONESTY– we value the importance of honesty as an important step towards learning to deal with poor choices we may have made. Honesty can help us to grow to make better choices.
EXCELLENCE– we all aim for personal excellence! We want to be the best we can be in everything we do – not just our school work.
Extend Learning Academies Network
We are pleased to announce that as of 1st February 2018 we became a part of the Extend Learning Acadamies Network (ELAN). Please click here for further infomation about the ELAN Multi Academy Trust.