Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy, kind members of the community. We aim to be at the forefront of education, giving our pupils spectacular learning experiences. Work hard. Be kind.
We are committed to providing a safe, secure and positive environment in which all members of the school community can learn. We use our understanding of social and emotional development within all our approaches to behaviour for learning.
Our expectations, the rules that underpin them, rewards and sanctions around behaviour for learning are revisited and reviewed at regular intervals and agreed by all.
- treat other pupils with respect and co-operation, including the use of all forms of electronic methods of communication in and out of school;
- treat all adults in school with respect and co-operation, including the use of all forms of electronic methods of communication;
- work to the best of their abilities and allow others to do the same;
- treat the property of others and the school with respect and show care for the school’s indoor and outdoor environment;
- take responsibility and engage in their learning;
- comply with the school’s expectations regarding dress, jewellery, speech and
- to role model the behaviour we want to see from the children;
- treat all children and other adults in school with respect;
- ensure activities meet the needs of individuals;
- make lessons engaging and inspiring to promote positive behaviour for learning;
- communicate the needs of individual pupils to the rest of the school community as appropriate;
- consider the implications for pupil behaviour when grouping;
- act as exemplary role models in dress, speech and attitudes;
- if a child has not made a good choice then we expect the adults involved to reprimand the child or children in private and appropriate consequences will be decided upon;
- consistently apply the process of reporting unacceptable behaviour.
Individuals with Special Needs will be recognised individually with appropriate scaffolded support to ensure they can manage within boundaries that are recognised