From the 7th June 2021, our catering providers in school will change to Aspens catering. Our school meals are cooked fresh on the premises in our canteen. A school meal is priced at £2.30 per day/per child for those not in receipt of Free School Meals. Please see the website Aspens Services for more company information.
There will be a meat choice, a vegetarian choice, jacket potatoes and packed lunch options. The ordering process will remain the same initially; however, this will change from mid July 2021.
From late July, meals will need to be booked direct through Aspens, please see the link Aspens Select for more information on the ordering system. (There is a useful Help/FAQ's tab at the top right hand of the page). We will send out a letter with more information on the ordering system in term 6.
If your child has a special dietary need such as an intolerance, allergy or avoidance please look over the guidance below.
If you think you may be entitled to free school meals you can apply using the on-line checker which gives you an instant decision on eligibilty. The new checker can be found at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
To qualify for free school meals, parents or carers must receive one or more of these benefits:
· Income support
· Income-based job seeker’s allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Universal credit
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act (NASS) 1999
· The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
· Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit with annual Take Home Pay/Net Earnings below £7,400 (which equals £616.67 per month) benefits not included
If you would like the school to apply on your behalf for free school meals please contact the office.
From September 2014 every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 receives a free school meal under the Universal Free School Meal offer.