Music at Mead Vale will:
• enable all children to have opportunities to create, play, perform and appraise music.
• actively involve children in listening, composing and performing during music.
• give opportunities to express ideas, thoughts and feelings, share and co-operate with others through singing, playing, composing and listening or appraising different musical genres.
• give the children greater awareness of musical traditions in a variety of cultures and societies.
• through singing, focus on developing the children’s ability to sing in tune and as part of a group.
• through singing songs, children will learn about the structure and organisation of music.
• by listening and appraising music, children will be able to discuss how feelings and emotions can be represented, as well as specific skills such as; pulse and pitch.
• give opportunities to explore musical and graphic notation through composition.